Supervisor Dining Services
Job no: 494504
Department: Dining Services
Davidson Dining Services is looking for an experienced supervisor for Qdoba. The Dining Services Supervisor is responsible and accountable for supervision of associates in a fast paced, excellence focused college food service operation. This is a 9-month, 40 hour per week position and is required to work nights and weekends. The person working this position will have primary supervisory/ manager on duty responsibilities in one of the dining operations but may be assigned to other areas as needed. The Dining Services Supervisor monitors individual performances of all associates under their care, including training, coaching, and motivating. They will also initiate progressive discipline, document performance issues, and assist with performance evaluations. The Dining Services Supervisor must display a commitment to guest service as they will have personal interaction with guests by providing the support needed to maintain and enhance a strong service environment.
This is a hands – on position supervising front of the house servers, cooks and dish room associates. During the academic year the dining locations operate seven days a week, three meals a day for the students, guests, staff and faculty.
- High school degree or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year of commercial foodservice leadership experience required.
- Servsafe Manager certified or ServSafe Manager certification required within 60 days of employment.
- If applicable, National brands Manager certification required within 30 days of employment Food service experience (not required)
- Requires good organizational skills, ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills required, including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, OneNote, Excel, and basic internet research.
- Great customer service skills. Desire to support our stated mission and provide leadership that supports policies and procedures.
- Supervision of Staff; monitoring the individual performance of all associates on shifts. This includes training and developing staff members to perfect their skills on their individual stations and cross train on others. Seeks compliance to all recipes, menu items and policies and procedures of Dining Services and the college. Maintains all service and production standards in the absence of the manager and director.
- Production: works a station and / or preps to ensure that other stations are fully stocked during peak service times. This position seeks compliance with recipes standards, cooking methodology and finished products, as well as financial concerns.
- Guest Service: ensures that guest service standards remain high, and all guests needs are met. This position must be able to troubleshoot and correct service issues in the absence of the manager or director
- Cash register operation operates the cash register on an as needed basis and ensures cashier compliance to pricing and meal plan policy.
- Sanitation: maintains sanitation standards, ensures proper product rotation, and monitors staff members in compliance with all NC Department of Environmental Health Codes and Davidson College and Dining Services standards at all times.
- Any other tasks assigned by management.
- Pulling / Pushing
- Repetitive Movement
- Confined Spaces
- Dust / Fumes
- Indoor Temperature Extremes
- Darkness / Poor Lighting
Lifting Required: 25 pounds
Travel Required: Less than 5 %
Night and Weekend Work Required: Yes
Seasonal Responsibilities: Dining Services Supervisor may be assigned to work in a different dining unit and there may be limited work available during school holidays and breaks when classes are not in session. Throughout the academic year there are periods of down time when work is not available. Examples of these include winter break and spring break.
- Insurances are available.
- Tiered shift differential pays for evenings and weekends.
- Holiday pay.
- Vacation hours accrual.
- Sick time accrual.
- Meals are included during the employee’s normal work hours.
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions and worldviews, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, veteran status, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend