What you’ll be doing?
Donor Services Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Ensure an excellent donor experience and build positive relationships with donors by engaging warmly with donors who visit, email, or call in to WDAV with inquiries and concerns
- Promote efficiency and trust both internally and externally through timely settlement, reconciliation, and transmission of gifts through PayPal, on-campus Advancement Services Team, and on-campus Business Services team
- Provide an excellent experience to Day Sponsors through timely entry into software (WideOrbit), confirmation with donors, and reconciliation and documentation via Customer Relationship Management system (Blackbaud).
- Assist the Director of Major Gifts and Philanthropy with accurate reporting and transmission of revenue information through the Advancement Services and Business Services teams at Davidson College
- Assist the Director of Major Gifts and Philanthropy and Director of Membership with revenue tracking for special fundraising initiatives such as the WDAV travel program and vehicle and piano donation programs
- Support WDAV’s fundraising efforts through monthly donor renewal and acknowledgment processes at all giving levels
- Demonstrate integrity in gift processing by providing requested annual audit samples and documentation to the Business Services and audit teams
- Build internal and external trust by maintaining accurate donor records
- Develop relationships with cross-campus partners, including College Relations Technology & Operations team and the Technology and Innovation team to ensure timely, thorough, and accurate record-keeping
- Help WDAV meet revenue goals by administering the workflow for declined donor communications for bank drafts and credit cards and ensuring the efficient updating of payment information
- Reinforce WDAV’s goals of excellence in donor relations and financial stewardship by documenting all communications as interactions in Blackbaud CRM
- Uphold WDAV’s data management standards by ensuring that gifts are properly coded with ID, designation, appeal, and benefit; checks are documented and delivered to Advancement Services in a timely manner; and credit card gifts are coded, processed, and sent to Advancement Services on a daily basis
- Express WDAV’s gratitude to donors through excellent management of benefit inventory and fulfillment
- Provide special experiences to donors and listeners by assisting the Director of Major Gifts and Philanthropy and the Director of Membership and Corporate Support with the planning and execution of membership events, fundraisers, and other development tasks and projects
- Provide professional guidance and direction to Davidson College student assistants by giving them tasks and projects (such as envelope stuffing and benefit mailing), as well as adequate resources to successfully do their work
- Promote a collegial, cooperative atmosphere by participating in Davidson College - College Relations division trainings, meetings, retreats, and other events and committees as needed
- Develop and manage a roster of volunteers that assist with fundraising, marketing, and other station activities.
- Ensure successful WDAV on-air campaigns by arranging for telephones, computers, meals, volunteers, vendors, and any necessary items
- Contribute to the collaborative culture of WDAV by enthusiastically offering ideas, time, and support to other WDAV colleagues
What do you bring?
- Demonstrable experience in interacting positively and professionally with colleagues and constituents
- Ability to parse, process, digitize, analyze, and extract data using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool or spreadsheet systems.
- The ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Positive attitude and collaborative mindset, in keeping with the culture of WDAV
- Inclination toward seeking clarity and creating an atmosphere of mutual benefit and understanding
- Eagerness to contribute to a mission-driven organization that fosters excellence, community-mindedness, and radical inclusion
- Openness to working some evenings and holidays when there are major events (up to approximately ten times per year)
- Intrinsic motivation to perform job functions with excellence to grow personally and professionally and to create the best possible outcomes for WDAV
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Adaptable/flexible personality that demonstrates an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize gracefully, based on the quickly changing needs of the organization - especially during busy seasons
- Inclination toward noticing when a business practice or process could be improved and confidence to share those observations and offer potential solution
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, media studies, creative writing, business, or other relevant field is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year of professional experience, or have completed internships in the non-profit fundraising, communications, or public media field.
- A valid driver’s license or reliable transportation
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software experience strongly preferred strongest preference for Blackbaud experience
- Public Radio OR non-profit experience strongly preferred
- Some knowledge and appreciation of classical music preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance experience
- Event planning experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, Outlook, Zoom, Google Drive, Canva, or related tools
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The leadership team of Davidson College and WDAV is committed to advancing the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. In practice, that means doing our part to hire, grow, retain, and reward great employees from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, national origins, socio-economic backgrounds, and abilities. This is really important to our team, and we hope it’s important to you as well.
Read more about Davidson College’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here: https://www.davidson.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion
College Relations is committed to salary transparency in the hiring process as a characteristic of an inclusive organization. Our salaries are benchmarked to national liberal arts colleges and regional colleges and universities. The position hiring manager is happy to discuss our salary benchmarks at any stage of the interview process. Davidson College also offers numerous other benefits as an employer, including:
● 4 weeks of vacation in your first year on the job, plus College holidays
● Health insurance
● A 403(b) retirement plan to which the college contributes at least 9.5% of your salary
● Tuition assistance for employees after 1 year of employment, and tuition assistance for dependents after 7 years of continuous full time employment.
For more, please see https://www.davidson.edu/offices-and-services/human-resources for details
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu